The Product Manager has responsibility for the entire E-Switch product line into the worldwide markets. The position involves working with internal technical organizations and, global sales and distribution to deliver products and solutions that will drive revenue growth across all market customers. This position requires a candidate with the creativity, vision, and technical acumen to solve problems across a vast customer base. The candidate will have a significant impact on the next product platform innovations. The position bridges the gap to deliver the right products that customers are looking for.
· Identify market needs and translate product requirements for new product development with prioritized features, corresponding justification, target market applications and business plans.
· Own and understand global cost models that support product pricing strategies.
· Drive demand creation in conjunction with E-Switch regional sales, distribution, and rep team.
· Be the Go-To Market specialist on behalf of the company.
· Bring awareness of market trends and directions from voice of customer.
· Be an expert on competitor’s capabilities and product positioning in the market.
· Work with sales on product specifications for special business opportunities
· Manage the portfolio within the customer base from market launch through obsolescence.
· Work with Marketing and Engineering to generate and distribute sales tools, application notes and/or technical guidelines.
· Generate and deliver field and customer training, establish communication methodology and process.
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical /Electrical Engineering or similar technical engineering desired.
· 5+ years of industry experience
· Understanding and ability to implement multiple marketing tools and approaches.
· Very strong knowledge of both the sales and go to market approaches for Switch products.
· Proven track record in supporting customers, direct sales, and distribution sales partners.
· Experience with new product launch and new business development
· Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams.
· Strong verbal, written & presentation communications skills.
· Willingness to travel occasionally, including internationally as necessary.
· Self-motivated with strong drive to achieve business objectives.
· Ability to blend the technical and commercial to deliver a balanced approach to problems.
· Prior relevant experience in Switch Applications Engineering or regional marketing would be a significant advantage.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
This position is an office-based position. This position will occasionally need to be in a manufacturing and warehouse environment which may cause them to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities and additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Employment is at-will, and nothing contained in this job description is intended to create or imply a contractual relationship or alter the at-will status of the employee. The employee will also be required to follow all company policies and procedures.
This position exists to assist the Director of Materials/Operations with operations and daily, to carry out major duties within the Assembly, Receiving or Shipping areas to maintain optimal customer service and a productive work environment. Employee is responsible for pulling parts, performing cycle counts, stocking received goods and/or prepare and ship orders as requested in a manner that meets our quality and our customers’ expectations.
· To apprise the Director of Materials/Operations of all concerns, difficulties, or issues.
· To train new employees and cross train Warehouse and Assembly staff in all warehouse and assembly functions as requested.
· Assist in Assembly Department as requested by Director of Materials/Operations.
· Cycle Counting:
– Responsible for daily cycle counting and reporting discrepancies.
– Keep cage area neat and orderly.
· Pulling assemblies:
– Pull assemblies and parts for pick tickets.
· Fill orders:
– Physically locate and retrieve products as listed on Pick Tickets.
– Obtain correct quantity of products from locations and bring to Shipping Table.
– Prepare product for shipment to customers:
– Pull parts from Assembly area and Warehouse (bulk)
– Scale order
– Create packing slip tickets
– Assemble container and pack product
– Prompt UPS computer to provide shipping directions
– Match packing slip to boxed products
– Close out UPS machine
– Deliver packaged product to loading dock
· Rotate among a variety of functions to accommodate special circumstances.
· Model and encourage teamwork and productivity in all work activities.
· Participate in staff development activities and meetings as requested.
· Participate in Quality System Training.
· Perform all other duties as assigned.
KEY BEHAVIORS AND EXPECTATIONS:
· Customer Focus
Understands the needs of our customers and how to make them consistently satisfied; Looks to bring new ideas, products and always provides solutions to customer problems; Responds quickly to customer requests and addresses inquiries with urgency; Delivers high quality work product on time every time without exception.
· Problem Solving & Decision Making
Analyzes issues to get to root cause and breaks down a problem into areas for resolution; Generates alternative solutions; Makes fact-based decisions in a timely manner and communicates to all stakeholders.
· Communication / Interpersonal Skills
Clear communications; Professional in interactions; Listens wells, is respectful of others and can adapt well to changing circumstances; Keeps supervisor and direct reports informed of key issues and relevant decisions.
· Positive Energy
Makes the workplace enjoyable and a place that others want to be apart of; Creates supportive and welcoming environment and is approachable to others; Assumes positive intent of others when approaching questions or conflict resolution.
· Leadership & Talent Development
Provides clarity of vision, strategy, and sets priorities for execution; Possesses business acumen, strategic thinking, and financial understanding; Conveys enthusiasm and consistently develops talent for the future.
· High School diploma.
· Ability to lift over 40 pounds.
· Ability to stand for long periods.
· Good math skills: Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, place value recognition.
· Ability to do Name and Number comparisons and matching.
· Two years of warehouse experience or equivalent preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms; stop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell with reasonable accommodation.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and repetitive use of arms, hands, back and legs to unload and load product.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Must be able to effectively use the English language, in verbal and written form.
· Must be able to effectively communicate and interpret work instructions and safety rules using English.
· Ability to safely operate a forklift.
E-Switch, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, has been delivering quality electromechanical switches to the telecom, high tech, medical, electronics, instrumentation, industrial, audio/visual, appliance and consumer markets since 1979. With international offices in Singapore and Hong Kong, E-Switch’s global reach includes North America, Europe, Asia and Latin America.
Thank you for considering E-Switch.