Senior Applications Engineer – E-Switch
The Senior Applications Engineer is responsible for supporting the E-Switch staff, field representatives and customers with any issues or questions regarding customer specific application, switch design, or process information as requested. They will conduct any failure analysis on defective material returned and generate the appropriate report with the results and conclusions. They will work with both the sales team and supplier base on any customer switch design opportunities as assigned for quoting and manufacturing. They are responsible for all of the co-listing activities with the safety agencies regarding all of our power level products and will handle all of the duties associated with any of the environmental reporting details such as RoHS, REACH, Conflict Minerals, etc.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
· 6+ years’ experience working in Applications Engineering or Field Applications Engineering within a similarly related industry.
· Past experience and familiarity with approval agencies such as UL and ENEC.
· Knowledge of electro/mechanical switches is highly desired.
· Experience working with outside in Asia.
· Technical CAD knowledge – both hardware and software.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
· Proven problem solver.
· Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communicator with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is an office-based position. This position will occasionally need to be in a manufacturing and warehouse environment which may cause them to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Must be able to effectively use the English language, in verbal and written form.
· Must be able to effectively communicate and interpret work instructions and safety rules using English.
Qualified and interested internal candidates are encouraged to complete a job posting application located on Workforce Now (ADP) or contact Julie Engen at email@example.com. Completed Job Posting Applications need to be reviewed and signed off on by your supervisor prior to submitting to HR for consideration.