January 8, 2019
Mechanical Engineer – E-Switch
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for all facets of engineering and quality support for the entire electromechanical switch line. With the aid of AutoCAD Inventor software, the mechanical engineer will create models and drawings of products from our suppliers to create documentation that will allow our customers to design our switches into their products. The Mechanical Engineer will also provide support to the sales team and customers on field returns and failure analysis.
MAJOR RESPONSIBLITIES INCLUDE:
- Working with the Director of Engineering on introducing new products from our suppliers.
- Work with the Application Engineer in the testing and evaluation of switches for specific projects.
- Conduct failure analysis on customer product failures which includes visiting the customer and reviewing manufacturing process at their site or providing engineering support on their applications.
- Provide engineering support and consultation to internal and external sales and marketing teams.
- Establish and maintain accurate and complete technical information (i.e. drawings, datasheets) on all products.
- Source new suppliers for growth and expansion of E-Switch product line.
· Mechanical Engineering Degree (BSME)
· Minimum of 5 years prior experience working in the electronics industry.
· Extensive experience in and exposure to manufacturing processes including plastic injection molding, metal stamping, PCB assembly, tool design and fabrication, cable assembly and metal fabrication.
· Proficient in AutoCAD Inventor 3D Solid Modeling.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook).
· Quality Engineering skills and experience including failure analysis, 8D reporting and first article inspection.
· Able to travel as needs within North America and overseas (Asia and Europe).
· Proven problem solver.
· Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communicator with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization as well as with domestic and international customers and suppliers.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is an office-based position. This position will occasionally need to be in a manufacturing and warehouse environment which may cause them to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to effectively use the English language, in verbal and written form.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and interpret work instructions and safety rules using English.
Qualified and interested internal candidates are encouraged to complete a job posting application located on Workforce Now (ADP) or contact Julie Engen at email@example.com. Completed Job Posting Applications need to be reviewed and signed off on by your supervisor prior to submitting to HR for consideration.